 Administrative / General / 3281
3280  |  3282
Subject:
Posting setup question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:30:42 GMT

Please forgive the possible redundancy of this message.  I have had
little success posting messages via web interface.  I have filled out
the posting form, and received a confirmatory message.  But when I tried
a few days ago to post to lugnet.off-topic.test via the web interface,
it wouldn't take my post.  So, I filled the form out again, but did not
receive a confirmatory message.  So, I'll fill it out, again, and try
again.
Specific questions:
1) What is required to post via newsreader?  I'm doing it, but I don't
remember if I did anything special to get here.
2) Once I get setup to post via the web interface, how does it work
using multiple computers?

Please, if the answers to these questions are out there, just direct me
to the appropriate URL.  I tried a search for "post" in this group with
my newsreader (netscape), but got a message box with an exclamation
point saying: "A News (NNTP) error occurred: Command unrecognized."

Thanks,
James Wilson