 Administrative / General / 3282
  Re: Posting setup question

(...) Right -- it only sends a confirmation message the first time a given name/address pair is seen. (...) Your newsreader needs to be sending your name & email address in the 'From:' line correctly. In your case, it's working fine, obviously, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting setup question

(...) A note on cookies, etc... my cookie got deleted (I'm always playing around with them being that I'm a newly starting out web-programmer), but I haven't tried re-filling out the form to get it back... how easy would it be to have the posting (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting setup question

(...) It will only re-drop the cookie onto your computer if you have the following checkbox checked when you submit the form: _ |_| Keep my information in web browser cookie on my local machine so that I don't have to retype it whenever I post from (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting setup question

(...) Arrgh! There's a cookie? Either my cookie got munched, or I forgot to click the checkbox because I've had to type in my stupidly long spamblock address for every message since I lost nntp access 3-4 months ago :) Okie, I'm going to do the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting setup question

Todd, Thanks for clearing that all up. I know it's out there on LUGNet somewhere, I just couldn't find it... James (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)