 Administrative / General / 3107
Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:25:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Selçuk <teyyareci>" <sgore@nospam.superonline.com>
writes:
Todd, I've checked your donations info page and see you don't want cash.
Why? And is it a strict "do not" or only a "please do not" ?..:-)
Commissions and so for international money orders are high AFAIK.

Good question.  I guess there's no problem with cash as long as long as it
is legal for the sender to send cash from their country, and as long as the
sender understands the risks involved.  I've received cash from people a few
times (not many) in the past, and at least once it had been opened and
removed.  I don't know what "tips & tricks" there are for sending cash, but
one thing that seems to work very well is when people wrap it in tinfoil.

I'll update the donations page to say a bit more about cash...

--Todd