 Administrative / General / 2935
    Why don't we have seperate Trade/Sale & Auction Groups for each Lego Sub-Cat? —Scott Arthur
   Why don't we have separate Trade/Sale & Auction Groups for each Lego Sub-Cat? We could have: Town Space Duplo Technic Parts etc I say this as some buyers only want 1 type of Lego, and have to trawl through loads of post to find the sets they need. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Why don't we have seperate Trade/Sale & Auction Groups for each Lego Sub-Cat? —Mike Stanley
     (...) FEAR. Ok, let's discuss. Heck no. So to save the rare people who are truly only interested in one type of Lego product we force everyone else to wade through a half dozen or more groups? No way. I can imagine TONS of cross-posting "Will trade (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Why don't we have seperate Trade/Sale & Auction Groups for each Lego Sub-Cat? —Scott Arthur
     Of course, this is a fair point. My suggestion was meant to be in addition to the existing system... not a replacement. I suppose I was not thinking as a "trader", but more as a buyer/seller. I suppose this is because trading is an expensive (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Why don't we have seperate Trade/Sale & Auction Groups for each Lego Sub-Cat? —James Brown
   (...) I can see why some people would want this, but my initial, gut reaction is "dear god, the sheer volume of groups I'd have to track!" Having the commerce in a central location is the easiest way until there is say, more frequent postings than (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Why don't we have seperate Trade/Sale & Auction Groups for each Lego Sub-Cat? —Christian Holtje
   (...) I don't like it either, but how about standardizing some catagories for this in the headers. I know that in newsgroups there is a keywords setting. That would be appropriate. And check boxes could be used for posting via the web interface. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)