 Administrative / General / 2944
Re: Why don't we have seperate Trade/Sale & Auction Groups for each Lego Sub-Cat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:03:40 GMT

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 04:02:54PM +0000, James Brown wrote:
I can see why some people would want this, but my initial, gut reaction is
"dear god, the sheer volume of groups I'd have to track!"

Having the commerce in a central location is the easiest way until there is
say, more frequent postings than ~100/day.  When .market.* passes that kind of
volume, on a daily basis, then I can see the need for more focused sub-
groups.  Right now though, .market and .auction rarely have 20 new posts in a
day. (just perception, Todd might prove me wrong with the numbers)

I don't like it either, but how about standardizing some catagories for
this in the headers.  I know that in newsgroups there is a keywords
setting.  That would be appropriate.  And check boxes could be used for
posting via the web interface.

Then we just keep the single groups.

Ciao!

--
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.  The world owes you nothing.  It was here first."
-- Mark Twain

The Doctor What: "What, Doctor What"             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC