 Administrative / General / 2749
  Re: sets4sale

Hey, as far as I'm concerned we can merge the two. I for one hardly ever look at the auction listings because so many postings are just refrences to e-bay for which I'm not a fan. I reposted the sets for sale on auctions. Steve DeCraemer (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: sets4sale

Wouldn't it be better if there was a listing for auctions/sales being run on e-bay and the like, and another where people can sell stuff themselves either through a description of the items they are selling, or a link to their web-page. eg (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: sets4sale

(...) Define "and the like". Would that include SeriousCollector.com even though it's run by a fellow AFOL? What about free auction sites like Yahoo! that also happen to be owned by commercial entities? What about free auction sites like my BRICKS (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: sets4sale

(...) That sounds good, but it seems like there would be a wide gray line between "commercial" and "private". When does someone stop being private, and start being commercial? Is AucZILLA commercial? What about JABA? (...) I can understand why (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: sets4sale

(...) Auctions have a separate group from buy/sell/trade (a.k.a. trading post) stuff for at least two main reasons: 1) Auctions are relatively noisy in the number of postings and sometimes also in the raw bandwidth. 2) No one ever has moral (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: sets4sale

I think that having "auction" separate is good, but I'd like to propose that we have a separate "auction.announce" They idea being if someone is maintaining an auction *externally* to lugnet (ebay, BRIKCS, etc.) then they'd post in auction.announce. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)