 Administrative / General / 2755
Re: sets4sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 12:56:54 GMT

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 07:29:17 GMT, "Benjamin Whytcross"
<b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote:

Wouldn't it be better if there was a listing for auctions/sales being run on
e-bay and the like, and another where people can sell stuff themselves either
through a description of the items they are selling, or a link to their
web-page. eg commercial[e-bay] and private trading posts.

That sounds good, but it seems like there would be a wide gray line between
"commercial" and "private".  When does someone stop being private, and
start being commercial?  Is AucZILLA commercial?  What about JABA?

This would make it a lot easier to read through the auctions listings, and save
people from having to try and filter out all the e-bay auctions anouncements if
they don't wish to bid on them/have no intrest in them.

I can understand why people would boycott eBay, but I think most Lugnet
readers decide on what auctions they are interested in more by what's being
sold, not where it's being sold.

[As you may have guessed, I'm against e-bay auctions anouncements on this site,
as I believe that most of the postings are not from collectors, but from
'investors' who are only after money, and are using this site as a free
advertising agency, although I may be wrong.]

I'd disagree with you about the nature of eBay sellers posting to Lugnet.
I don't read every announcement closely, but it seems like most of the eBay
posts come from small sellers.

Steve