 Administrative / General / 2641
  Re: NO auction updates in non-auction groups (was: Re: FA : Soccers sets + much much more)

Todd Lehman wrote in message <37bb02cd.169966426@...et.com>... (...) I wonder if it's time to think about creating a few filters, and some very clear rules on market postings. Suggested rules: Thread your auction updates with your auction (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: NO auction updates in non-auction groups (was: Re: FA : Soccers sets + much much more)

(...) This would filter every post from Mike Stanley, as his well known auction site is listed in his sig (unless "well known auction sites" is supposed to just mean eBay). Even if eBay is the only intented target, there is no reason why someone (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: NO auction updates in non-auction groups (was: Re: FA : Soccers sets + much much more)

(...) It just so happens (any funny how it happens! :-) that someone earlier today posted a legit URL on eBay to lugnet.general: (URL) of course, the .off-topic.test group is also valid for testing out URL line wrapping issues, even for actual (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: NO auction updates in non-auction groups (was: Re: FA : Soccers sets + much much more)

(...) Yup, that propose filter wouldn't work for both of those reasons. I KNOW I'm ok with posting a link to my (2) auctions sites in my sig - mainly because I wouldn't do it for so long in anything but .auction, then was told it was ok. So I doubt (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: NO auction updates in non-auction groups (was: Re: FA : Soccers sets + much much more)

(...) Oh well, impractical. Suggestion withdrawn. I still would like to see some guidelines or rules about how to advertise auctions and updates, but maybe that is best handled by polite requests to authors. (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)