 Administrative / General / 2598
Re: New review site going up...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:49:56 GMT

The Doctor What <docwhat@gerf.org> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 05:18:26AM +0000, Mike Stanley wrote:
Heck, who needs sleep?

It's up, just to give people something to look at, I guess.  I'm too
tired to think about applying it to anything right now, but if there
is a desire to use it for some Lego-related purpose and someone else
can help maintain it, I'm game.  If not, I'll still probably use it
for other purposes.

http://www.guarded-inn.com/cgi-bin/fom

Well, I have had experience with FoM, and I have a T3.  gerf.org is mine
till I die, too.

Wanna negotiate?  How about we both spend a little time and see which is
better, contributing cool ideas to the one that gets picked?

What's to negotiate?  You have experience with FoM, you know Perl, and
your connection is probably just as fast as directhosting claims
theirs is.

Even if I hosted the FoM, which I'd be happy to do, I'd want to give
you admin access to it since a) you know what you're doing and b) I
don't have the time to admin it, I just have the resources.

If you want to host it and admin it, that's cool.  If you want me to
host it but you admin it, that's cool to.  You're stuck with the admin
job either way.  ;)

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)