 Administrative / General / 2563
  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) How about we give Todd a break? Kick him (JW) out or don't - don't ask Todd to spend his very valuable time hacking into his code to come up with something like this. I'm sure Todd COULD do it, but boy, the things he could be doing instead - (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Agreed in the specific, a numerical limit per day is low value add. Todd should not do it, IMHO. Disagree in general with the proposition "there exist no high value add things that could be coded to effect a partial or total solution to this (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) ^^^...^^^ Er, that was a freudian slip. I meant to say probatIONing one user. But it was a planned slip, not a misteak, because I don't make those. (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Of course, not 'O' great one. ;) Scott Sanburn (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Mentors (was: Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET)

(...) Strongly agreed! (URL) actually, it wouldn't be all that difficult to implement if (a) we used the 'Approved-By' header for this and (b) the mentor was able to edit raw NNTP messages to add this header. That's really the only sticky bit on the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Mentors (was: Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET)

(...) Yes. The web being as universal as it is today, it doesn't bother me much that the volunteer moderators have to do their tasks via a web interface you provide. That's the only minus really. On the (minor) plus side is the fact that you don't (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Mentors (was: Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET)

(...) I like the "Approved-By" approach, because of the obvious strength of not being web-dependent. But I think that in this case the web interface offers a lot of benefits -- it'd be easier to have multiple mentors, the interface could be nice and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Sorry. :( (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Mentors (was: Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET)

(...) someone with mail with subjects like "WTF are my Lugnet posts?!" Seriously, though - possible to do it via the web? Say I'm a mentor - I go to a specific URL, give a username/password, then am presented with each of the messages I need to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message news:slrn7rjncj.3vr....UTK.EDU... (...) posts, (...) irritating (...) Agreed. (...) Except that it is a worthwhile discussion to have, in that similar problems are likely to occur in the future. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)