 Administrative / General / 2314
Re: Traffic page format.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Don Heyse" <donnell_heyse@adc.spam.go.away.com>
writes:

I don't have a problem with wrapping.  The number columns just seem to use a
bigger font.  Here's my font settings:

Both columns use the same font in the HTML.  I'm almost 100% positive that
you're seeing a browser bug.  You're using Netscape 4, right?  NS4 seems to
get font sizes wrong when displaying pages sometimes after it's been running
for a long time.  I think it seems to have something to do with running low
on memory too.

Anyway, after a reboot, do you still see the same problem?

Encoding:  Western
Variable:  Times New Roman 12
Fixed:  Courier New 10
* Use document specified fonts including dynamic fonts

I don't remember ever changing this from the Netscape defaults but I suppose
it's possible.  It does seem odd that my fixed and variable font sizes don't
match.  It looks like the number column uses the fixed font and the group
names use the variable font.  Somehow this makes the numbers bigger even
though the font size is smaller.  Hmmm...

Both columns are specifying the default variable-width font in the HTML.
(Actually, they specify it by not specifying anything. :-)

In any case, can anyone recommend some good font settings?

Nothing wrong with your font settings -- try rebooting!  :)

--Todd