 Administrative / General / 2311
Re: Traffic page format.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:48:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tom McDonald writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Don Heyse writes:
Is this behavior new, or am I just slow.  The red numbers no longer seem
to line up with the newsgroup names on the traffic report page.  The numbers
are bigger so it's impossible to tell at the bottom of the list which numbers
go with which group.  (Well, not impossible, but I'm far too lazy to line
them all up in my head or with my fingers)  I'm using Netscape 4.04 if this
makes a difference in font selection.

I experience the same thing. Longer name groups, such as the .market groups,
wrap around and the numbers don't bump down to follow the wrapping.

But I readily remedy that by switching my browser to a smaller font, and also
by changing the proportional font your browser uses. I think this is one
reason why Todd likes using smaller-named groups when possible.

-Tom McD.
when replying, note that the self-propagating properties of spamcake are being
investigated as an alternative "green" energy resource.

I don't have a problem with wrapping.  The number columns just seem to use a
bigger font.  Here's my font settings:

Encoding:  Western
Variable:  Times New Roman 12
Fixed:  Courier New 10
* Use document specified fonts including dynamic fonts

I don't remember ever changing this from the Netscape defaults but I suppose
it's possible.  It does seem odd that my fixed and variable font sizes don't
match.  It looks like the number column uses the fixed font and the group
names use the variable font.  Somehow this makes the numbers bigger even
though the font size is smaller.  Hmmm...

In any case, can anyone recommend some good font settings?

Don

Umm, you know what to do with the anti-spam stuff.