 Administrative / General / 2287
Re: usage stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:48:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Loch <kloch@NOSPMkl.net> writes:

IMO It's perfectly ok to count 304's, they indicate a user is accessing
the object again, but they will probably get it from their cache instead
of your server.  If browsers always access the object anyway, that too
would result in 2 for one hits, but that isn't usually the case unless
someone hit's reload.

So when places talk about "page views per day" they probably are including
304's?  :-)  I'd guess so, because it helps inflate the numbers, heheh.

--Todd