 Administrative / General / 2277
Re: usage stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:11:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Loch writes:
Do the raw hits and page views numbers exclude 301 errors?
I found that these can skew the numbers a bit.

Hmm, 3xx's aren't errors, are they?  Do you mean 304's? -- there are tons
of those, but only a tiny handful of 301's.

But anyway -- good question!  Lemme see...

86.1% of the requests result in 200 ("OK"), and 12.9% of the requests result
in 304 ("Not Modified").  Everything else together is 1%.

So I'll count 200's only.

Counting 200's only, the raw hit count is ~69,800 per day and the page-view
count is ~26,200 per day (averaged over the past 21 days).  So my numbers
were off -- the raw hits were inflated by approximately 15% and the page
views were inflated by approximately 5%.  Sorry, I should have thought of
that.  Thanks for asking.  :-)

--Todd