 Administrative / General / 2275
Re: usage stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:00:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.statistics, Josh Spaulding writes:
Are there stats for [...]

(Not up on any page anywhere, no.)

[...] how many people are registered to post to Lugnet?

As of right now, there are 1,441 unique email/name combinations from 1,173
unique people.

to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)...but I don't keep tabs on those.

How many people post regularly?

Hmm, what's regularly? -- once a week or more?

How many hits does the site tend to get per day?

Looking at the HTTP (web) logs so far from July, it averages out to about
81,000 raw hits per day.  Almost exactly 2/3 of these hits are static images,
so there are really only about 27,500 actual page views per day (if that's
what you were wondering).

Counting unique IP addresses, there are about 2,100 unique IP addresses
visiting the website per day, give or take 400 depending on the day.
Stepping back to a weekly count, there are about 11,000 unique IP addresses
visiting the website per week.  Across the entire month of June, there were
a total of 36,000 unique IP addresses visiting the website.  This counts
any HTTP access whatsoever, including broken embedded image link attempts
from eBay and people just wandering by who never click on anything else but
the first page they see.

If the bar is raised to consider only the unique IP addresses who hit the
site 10 or more times (these might be considered "real" visitors, casual or
serious), then the numbers fall to:

Day:   1,300
Week:  7,500
June:  23,000

Take it all with a grain of salt.  There are definitely lots of interested
LEGO fanatics out there, but obviously some are more fanatical than others.
This is still a very "small time" web site, but give it a couple more years.

Hope this helps,
--Todd