 Administrative / General / 2067
  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

Need to read more but seems to me that any mechanistic scheme needs an escape clause. if we go with letter IDs, then have the automation be relatively harsh and inflexible, but allow appeal. I know, I know, you don't want to be the decider, because (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) That sounds like a great idea. (...) We could do that. BTW, what do you mean by "appeal"? Someone recevies a "didn't pass" message and voluntarily says "Hey, I'd like to appeal that decision?" That's kind of neat, because, perhaps ultimately (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) Yes. (...) I meant that it would go to a relatively small board, self selected, but with your veto on membership, that would make the call. Form-of-Government-wise I'm more of a republican than a democrat(1), I think putting these questions to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) That makes sense. I have always favored constitutional republics over pure democracies as well. (...) If it's avoidable. (...) I meant, because of all the help you gave last summer and before that and after that, I'll help make sure that you (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

Larry Pieniazek wrote (...) "I want dvbnik" "that doesn't appeal to me" Moz (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) Cool. Yes, seems like a good idea. It may be several days after you start it that I get to post to it, though. (...) Marxist. Especially Harpo, he's quite underrated. (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) I was basically goig to write the same note, but wanted to read through the thread first. I should have figured Larry would come up with this answer. I too would volunteer for such a duty (and not be offended if you didn't want me). (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <377F7B94.54831B27@v...er.net>... (...) <snip!> Todd, Maybe I've been watching too much "Law and Order", but... I understand your reluctance to shoulder the huge (!) burden of policing the member name space for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)