 Administrative / General / 2056
    Re: Idea for an Improvement —Todd Lehman
   (...) I played around with a couple image tools a while back for doing automatic thumbnail generation -- that'll help a lot for this. I'd eventually like it to work a little bit more like the Fibblesnork LEGO Guide, (URL) with much better internal (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Idea for an Improvement —Ed Jones
     (...) Have you tried Thumbs Plus 3.30 - my other half swears at - err - by it. (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Idea for an Improvement —Mike Stanley
      (...) Not sure that would do him much good since I assume he means tools to run on the server, and ThumbsPlus is, as far as I know, currently just a Windows program. TP is up to 4.02, btw, and still one of the best values for the money I've ever (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Idea for an Improvement —Todd Lehman
     (...) I may be wrong, but from looking around quickly, it looks like it costs money (~US$50), doesn't come with source code, and only runs on Windows platforms. That means it can't be part of the software running on the server, because the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Idea for an Improvement —Kevin Loch
   netpbm works fine for me. particularly pnmscale -xysize [x] [y] automatically scales the image within an XxY box while keeping aspect ratio. pnmscale does nice (necessary) smoothing, but a tiny bit of post-sharpening might be desirable. KL (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)