 Administrative / General / 2052
    Idea for an Improvement —Brian H. Nielsen
    It would be great if the Pause Magazine set pictures area had thunbnails or an area to see thumbnails of many sets at a time. It would be invaluable when doing a visual search of sets. Brian (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Idea for an Improvement —Todd Lehman
     (...) I played around with a couple image tools a while back for doing automatic thumbnail generation -- that'll help a lot for this. I'd eventually like it to work a little bit more like the Fibblesnork LEGO Guide, (URL) with much better internal (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Idea for an Improvement —Ed Jones
      (...) Have you tried Thumbs Plus 3.30 - my other half swears at - err - by it. (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

          Re: Idea for an Improvement —Mike Stanley
       (...) Not sure that would do him much good since I assume he means tools to run on the server, and ThumbsPlus is, as far as I know, currently just a Windows program. TP is up to 4.02, btw, and still one of the best values for the money I've ever (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

          Re: Idea for an Improvement —Todd Lehman
      (...) I may be wrong, but from looking around quickly, it looks like it costs money (~US$50), doesn't come with source code, and only runs on Windows platforms. That means it can't be part of the software running on the server, because the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Idea for an Improvement —Kevin Loch
     netpbm works fine for me. particularly pnmscale -xysize [x] [y] automatically scales the image within an XxY box while keeping aspect ratio. pnmscale does nice (necessary) smoothing, but a tiny bit of post-sharpening might be desirable. KL (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Idea for an Improvement —Huw Millington
   <shameless plug of rival service> My humble database efforts at (URL) presented in thumbnail format. The scope is not as great at Pause, but with help from Grahame Reid, I'm working on that. So far we have comprehensive thumbnailed databases of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)