 Administrative / General / 1975
    Temp pic space on LUGNET —Steven Barile
   Wouldn't it be nice to have a temp storage bin for pics on LUGNET. I often have pics of work in progress that I would like to get commnets on but don't want to mail attachments (and that aren't really worth having on my sight). Somehow email them to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Temp pic space on LUGNET —Todd Lehman
   (...) That would really be nice. --Todd (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Temp pic space on LUGNET —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) And? When I mentioned the notion of selling off space you weren't too keen on it, as I recall, for extremely valid reasons that haven't changed a bit, I don't think. This is a bit different. Is your statement of niceness to be taken as (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Temp pic space on LUGNET —Mike Stanley
     (...) Well, while it "would be nice" I think it's something that should be so low on the official Todd list of priorities as to essentially not matter. Not that I set Todd's priorities or anything. Yes, it would be nice. Really, though, how much (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Temp pic space on LUGNET —Todd Lehman
     (...) That's a great point, Mike. On the one hand, if it's free, it has the potential to suck e-NOR-mous amounts of bandwidth. Why, the first day that the 1999 LEGO catalog came out and we had pics up at (URL), someone posted the URL to Slashdot and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Temp pic space on LUGNET —Todd Lehman
   (...) Royt! (...) I'm not familiar with the WIBNI acronym, but "nice" above meant mainly "cool." I think it would really be cool. But it's not anywhere on the near horizon... Maybe someday. --Todd (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Temp pic space on LUGNET —Steven Barile
   Thanks for the comment Todd, it was just an idea. In responce to the others. Some people that are very interested in sharing LEGO train or other related LEGO topics may not be so familiar with *ALL* the techno non-sense that is needed to "just get a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Temp pic space on LUGNET —Todd Lehman
   (...) Oh yes, I totally agree. It would totally rock to be able to provide this. But all things considered, it's just not feasable right now. Maybe someday. I totally agree that it could be far easier than some of the hoops that have to be jumped (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)