 Administrative / General / 1974
  Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names

(...) I should back up a couple steps and explain the objectives of the /loc/ page. There are two at this stage: 1) For repeat visitors who know where they're going, it's a stepping stone from the root homepage to the individual town or country (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names

Todd: Just like Larry, would I find it very useful to have the country names in my native language[1] on the /loc/ page. It is kind of messy to mix several languages on the same page. Even if it is just place names. How do you choose how to sort? (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names

(...) For right now, it's sorting ASCIIbetically, which is bad, and messes up Austria, for one. (...) I would *looove* to do that. But where, oh, where will I find a n^2 list of country names in multiple languages? Maybe just starting with a few (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names

.7AJ@lugnet.com> Distribution: X-Newsreader: TIN [version 1.2 PL2] Todd Lehman: [ /loc/ page in all languages. ] (...) Yes. (...) Different country[1] (even though Danes do seem to think they own it). Jacob 1) <URL:(URL) (and this one should work) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)