 Administrative / General / 196
195  |  197
Subject:
Ports that make firewalls happy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:59:21 GMT

Anyone seen a good list anywhere of ports that work with "most" corporate
firewalls?  Every firewall is gonna be different, but they probably all
allow, say, port 8080.  LarryP and I were running some news experiements
back in mid-August on port 8080, and he could get to that through his
corporate firewall.  But I hesitate to mirror 199->8080 because 8080 is
traditionally for HTTP proxy servers...

--Todd