 Administrative / General / 1907
Re: Pause Search on Lugnet main page?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:11:48 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Unfortunately, having two quick-search boxes on one page isn't compatible
with MSIE.  :-(  That is, if there are two or more forms on one page, then
the Enter key no longer functions in a search box.  More details:

Yeah, that does suck.  And I tell you, as much as I prefer MSIE over
Communicator (seems like every time I upgrade to a new, supposedly
stable version of Communicator it does nothing but crash) I'm hearing
more and more about problems with IE.  I know we're removing it from
our main Terminal Server in our department because it stomps the heck
out of the CPU every time a client fires it up.  Communicator does
too, but not nearly as much.

On my personal machine, though, IE seems to use much less resources
and respond much snappier, but of course so much of it is built into
the OS, so I'm not seeing the full impact.

Hmmm...I wonder if something could be done with frames to get around the
problem.

Ah, frames would just make more people mad.

Where did that go?  Ahh, here it is...
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/howto.html

Cool, thanks!

but I really like having Lugnet as my homepage.

Hmm.  Hrmm.  Hummmmmm.  Darn power users! -- they ruin everything  ;-)

Sorry.  :)

All right then, how well would something like this work out for you?...

  http://www.lugnet.com/poweruser.cgi

Perfect.

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)