 Administrative / General / 1873
Re: superAUCTION 5: MIB Trades Welcome!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:02:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mark Harrison writes:
mark musetti wrote:
No this is NOT off-topic.  One can submit a bid in terms of MIB sets
(preferably train or town) for any of my items.  Read rules below.

I completely agree with you that this is the best place to conduct you
auction/trade.

It certainly may be the case that more exposure occurs in the .buy-sell-
trade group than in the .auction group alone, but please understand that
that doesn't magically make it any less off-topic for the .buy-sell-trade
group.  Shucks, if it was cross-posted to .announce and .general and
.trains and .build, then that would be even a better place to conduct it,
right (sic)?

Lugnet.market.auction appears to be a fizzer with few users and little
exposure.  As maximum exposure is needed to buy, sell, trade or auction,
that site is woeful.

Hmm.  What evidence do you base that assessment upon, and to what are you
comparing it?

I think Todd should combine "market auction" and "buy,sell, trade", or
he will continue to loose people to the dreaded ebay or back to rtl.

Hey, I just work here.  If anyone leaves, we all lose.

But anyway, let's be realistic here.  Combining the .auction group with the
.buy-sell-trade group is not going to increase exposure of auctions in any
meaningful way.  It would only do one thing:  drive people away who don't
want to hear about auctions all day long.

There are two main .market groups, one for auctions, the other for non-
auctions.  There is no reason to change that.  People who choose not to
read the .auction group do so for a reason, and they understand full well
that they might be miss out on something.  That's a risk they take.

IMO, it is wrong, and greedy, and selfish, to try to bend the rules and
post auction noise in a non-auction group.  Period.  End of story.

--Todd