 Administrative / General / 1766
Re: Howto message search with nntp client
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 20:00:41 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:
The packet trace
indicates that the text I was searching for was never transmitted.
[...]
JSPROAT: XPAT SUBJECT 1- *[Uu][Ff][Oo]*
LUGNET:  500 Command unrecognized.

Oops, the search text was indeed transmitted.  BTW, RFC 0997 mentions no
command "XPAT", so I don't know where Netscape Communicator got *that*
from.  Perhaps Microsoft isn't the only company trying to redefine the
Internet.  :-P

Cheers,
- jsproat

Darth Maul Lives