 Administrative / General / 1610
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 21:30:02 GMT

James Brown wrote:
<cross-posted to off-topic.debate>

OK.

Well doesn't any flame-war have defamatory posts?  Especially in
off-topic-debate
Yup, they do.

I'll have to check the particular Terms and Conditions for
off-topic.debate but I thought they were the same.  Some people
therefore will be breaking LUGNET rules.

Laws don't affect our right to say things.  Laws enforce the consequences of
our having said them.

Acknowledged but some law somewhere won't like it.

By using the term 'ill', you are implying that there is something wrong with
homosexuality, and by extension, homosexuals.  If you are not willing or able
to back up your statement with medical proof, then you are stating an negative
opinion about another person, without evidence to support your conjecture.(1)
Doesn't get much more defamatory than that.

Well I used the word ill - like someone with cerebal palsy for example -
couldn't
think of a better word to use.  There's nothing wrong with having
cerebal palsy
- it's not their fault.  The whole natural point of having sex is
reproduction or the possibility of it (contraception isn't 100% safe) -
with homosexuals this is impossible.

And "ill people...know it" is so nonsensical I won't even bother to pick it
apart.

Nonsensical - Conclusion that does not logically follow from their
premises.

Nope I don't think this conclusion is.

But I will re-iterate my point.  I don't think it matters.  The terms &
conditions are set up broadly enough as they stand.  If it is really that big
a deal, print them off, spend way too much money, and have a lawyer evaluate
them for you.

I'm not too bothered about that anymore - this discussion has moved on,
a lawyer probably would find fault in it but there is no point - it's a
private server.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170