 Administrative / General / 1609
Re: OFF Topic Rlocating to bay area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 17:25:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, Joe Greene writes:
I'm a current Colorado resident and Lego junkie (see my posts in
loc.us.co.den). I have been offered a job in the Bay area with Sun
Microsystems.  [...etc...]

Thanks for any ideas! Note the follow ups will go to lugnet.off-topic.geek
(a low traffic off topic group)

Joe,
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj is actually quite appropriate for this sort of thing.
Basically, not much of anything is off-topic in the loc groups.  That is,
they're not just for LEGO; they're also for anything having to do with the
local areas -- the idea being to help people meet one another and get to
know their area better, etc.  It's OK if LEGO-related stuff takes the back
seat in the loc groups.  Auctions and heavy self-promotion -are- off-topic
in the loc groups, but what you are doing is 100% OK, as well as the best
place to hash it out.

Best of luck,
--Todd