 Administrative / General / 14025 (-10)
  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) Hi Richie, While I agree that some of the earlier posts may have been off-topic for off-topic I think that we have drifted far enough out of the realm of LEGO discussion as to warrant positng in .o-t.d. BICBW. Tim (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) FUT somewhere else. Please. Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) In my opinion the message should have been posted in (URL) for Anne posting the e-mail address of the person, that might have been over the top, but she could have instead posted the particulars of the auction. The overall transaction is a (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) Indeed. Though I find myself wondering why Martin's, John's and your posts were all crossposted to off-topic.debate. The content, while probably off-topic for castle, is not off-topic per se, in my view. I've set the FUT to (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: 24 hr missing http was Re: who killed HTTP lugnet?

(...) As a matter of fact we are evaluating to throw hardware at the problem (in terms of a stealth firewall that will effectively block the spammers). However, this also involves additional cost that needs to be covered somehow... (...) Identified (...) (16 years ago, 22-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:K17wvI.GLE@lugnet.com... (...) You need to analyze and filter the spam load, perhaps there is an "upstream" who could handle that sort of thing for you, and take the spam load off the (...) (16 years ago, 21-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 24 hr missing http was Re: who killed HTTP lugnet?

Okay, it appears that due to the amount of still-incoming spam we do have a lag with regard to handling authentication emails. That's not exactly new, and it's not exactly as bad as it used to be - my last test took about 15 minutes to show up after (...) (16 years ago, 21-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 24 hr missing http was Re: who killed HTTP lugnet?

(...) Chris, no confusion as such, no - let's rather call it a slight disturbance ;) No, really, I have cross-checked again, and the only thing I seem to find is that we do have a time zone discrepancy between the NNTP and HTTP news post display. (...) (16 years ago, 21-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  24 hr missing http was Re: who killed HTTP lugnet?

(...) Sorry for not being more clear. I thought there was a lugnet wide problem, and my post was just a note to bring it to attention, and to be silly (...) Jerry. When both Janey, and I experienced the same problem, I just presumed it was system (...) (16 years ago, 20-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Please support my optimization effort on advertisements

Hi all, I am currently trying to optimize the appearance of advertisements on LUGNET. This is both in order to achieve a clean appearance of the web pages (so that the ads don't get on anyone's nerves too much) and of course to ensure we keep LUGNET (...) (16 years ago, 20-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact