 Administrative / General / 13897
Re: Small issue with homepage & Firefox
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:31:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

“Rene Hoffmeister” rene@lugnet.com wrote in message news:JDqDqF.A0I@lugnet.com...

   Ah good old IE! Maybe we should penalise people who use IE by using the correct code?????? (Yes, I am kidding!!!!)

ROSCO

I have to admit that I haven’t installed IE7 yet, does anybody know whether IE7 knows the :hover pseudo also for other elements than just a?

I don’t know about “elements other than just a” but if I go and hover over the LUGNET top stories here on my IE7 client, that it seems to remove the last one when I proceed to the next one. If you want to create a page that tests this, I can try it and see what breaks.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Hi Geoffrey (and other IE7 users),

here is a test site: http://www.lugnet.com/index-test.html

With IE6, there should not be a yellow preview box when moving the mouse over any of the Top Stories links.

With FF, there should be a yellow preview box (although it will be displayed wrong, but that’s not the subject matter, at least it should be there)

Now the questions: What does IE7 show you? Preview Boxes on any place on the screen or no Preview Boxes?

Because (in FF) the size of the link reduces when you mouse over, it creates a very strange effect when the mouse is near the border between 2 adjacent links - it alternates between one link and the other.

ROSCO

Hi Ross,

that is s.th. I would adjust. First it was interesting to know whether the effect shows up right in IE7 basically.

-Rene