 Administrative / General / 13876
Re: Technic sidebar thingie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:51:39 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.technic, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Bob Parker wrote:
Seems to be some link problems with the Sidebar here.  Do we need a
Co-Curator? ;-)

Have you tried contacting the curator of the group? (Assuming you're talking
about broken links?)

Otherwise, it would appear that the images for Eric Sophie's models (and ONLY
Eric Sophie's models) were explicitly set to be a "broken" image:

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lazarus/misc/Macros/thumb/broken_again.png_thumb.jpg

I have set the images to show Eric's creations properly. However, I expect that
this was done intentionally with malice toward Eric, given his history, and I
will attempt to look at the server logs to find out when this happened and who
specifically set these incorrectly. If this was done intentionally it is NOT
suitable behavior.

Dave, don't bother. I did it, and I emailed Rene, telling him that I had done
it, that it would be changed back in a few days, and to let me know if he had
any problem with it. Apparently that email didn't get to you.

Have you been given authority to "fix" Lugnet content without say so from Rene
or Jerry? If so, maybe you should add your email to the lugnet.admin sidebar.

Regards

ROSCO (.technic curator)

Am I the only one who is bothered by the total anarchy on display here?  A
LUGNET curator abuses his priviledges in order to harass another member, and the
official response is "no harm done?"

Ross, you owe Eric an apology, public and sincere.  You owe the rest of us a
promise that you won't do that kind of thing again.  When you take
administrative action here on LUGNET, you represent the entire paid membership,
not just yourself.

Rene, you need to make clear to anyone with curator or admin priviledges that
this kind of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.  If Ross
doesn't apologize, or if he abuses his priviledges again, his curatorship should
be revoked.  Otherwise, you are setting the precedent that this is acceptable
behavior, and we can expect a whole lot more of this crap in the future.

There's been a lot of noise in this discussion to divert attention away from
this basic underlying issue.  Ross, you seen bothered that some members have
"shadow" admin ability without being explicitly named on the admin page.  Does
this bother you because you expect accountability from these people?  We (the
LUGNET membership) expect the same level of accountability from you.