 Administrative / General / 13879
Re: Technic sidebar thingie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:06:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
Rene, you need to make clear to anyone with curator or admin priviledges that
this kind of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.  If Ross
doesn't apologize, or if he abuses his priviledges again, his curatorship should
be revoked.  Otherwise, you are setting the precedent that this is acceptable
behavior, and we can expect a whole lot more of this crap in the future.

Hi Chris,

thank you very much for your thoughts.

Be sure I've given this whole issue careful consideration. But as far as I can
see, there was a lot of healthy discussion and I'm pretty sure some people will
rethink their futur behaviour. I doubt that Ross would ever do it again, nor do
I believe that any other curator would open that can of worms again. So I'm
certain of it: This will not become a precedence. In case I'm wrong, I in fact
should considering things like revoking privileges or banning several users. But
I will bypass such sanctions wherever possible.

As for an apology from Ross to Eric: Of course, I would be happy to see such a
gesture, but I will not mix up these "interpersonal" things with the neutral use
of administrative decisions.

Leg Godt!
René

PS: Reiteration: If a thousand people are quiet since they're contented or
unconcerned, you certainly hear the voices of every single person complaining.
It doesn't necessarily mean that they're right or outnumbered ;-)