 Administrative / General / 13856
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:54:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Soren Roberts wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:

   Seriously, Eric--walk away from this--you’re better than this.

Actually, the available evidence indicates that he’s, you know, not. So I think it’s probably better to appeal to the people poking him. And since I used to be one of them, who better to deliver the message?

Actually, you’d be qrong--the available evidence is that he, you know, is better than this. However, being sniped at by, well, many, many people, is grating and I can’t blame someone for lashing out. That said, I fully realize that his lashing out leaves much to be desired and perpetuates the problem. Hence the ‘walk away’ from this.

I’ve stayed out of this thread until this comment. There is no evidence that Eric is in anyway better than this. There is plenty of evidence that he is not. Just because people get a rise out of him doesn’t mean he is well-behaved. I had minimal history with Eric until I dared to point out his TOU violation and after that he launched a full-scale attack on me. I am not the first person and I’m not the last person this has happened to.

Yes. Eric’s taunters are badly behaved (myself included) but this doesn’t stop Eric from being badly behaved. For you to argue that he isn’t and that others are completely ignores the body of evidence to the contrary. In no way will I argue that one side is always right and the other side is always wrong but I feel you set a dangerous precedent by essentially doing that yourself.

--snip--

   You dont’ have to like Eric. I don’t think anyone here is asking you to like, well, anyone else. The mature thing to do, at least in this ‘open forum’ which caters to many people across all spectrums, is to don’t talk, don’t reply to *anything* that Eric does or says.

Except that what Eric does is often against the spirit and rules of Lugnet not to mention against any sort of typical code of good behaviour. It is not mature to allow one person to ride slipshod over everyone else in order to provide for their feelings.

--snip--
   All this being said, I’m all for ‘fun’ at LUGNET.
--snip--

And Eric has managed to kill that fun for an awful lot of people. It isn’t one-sided and it isn’t solely Eric’s doing but the body of evidence is, as Soren said, that he is not better than this.

   Dave K

Tim