 Administrative / General / 13855
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:34:49 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Soren Roberts wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:

   Seriously, Eric--walk away from this--you’re better than this.

Actually, the available evidence indicates that he’s, you know, not. So I think it’s probably better to appeal to the people poking him. And since I used to be one of them, who better to deliver the message?

Actually, you’d be qrong--the available evidence is that he, you know, is better than this. However, being sniped at by, well, many, many people, is grating and I can’t blame someone for lashing out. That said, I fully realize that his lashing out leaves much to be desired and perpetuates the problem. Hence the ‘walk away’ from this.

I’m appealing to the ‘better angels’ of our natures. But then again, I always try to appeal to that side of our natures.

Guys, he’s only worth so much of your time and energy. It’s really fun to set him off, especially because he plays into it so perfectly, but the guy really is pretty messed up, and it’s downright abusive to make jokes to the face of someone who just isn’t equipped to understand them. It’s probably safer to just let it go, and it’ll keep your blood pressure down.

Hence the problem--people ‘poke him’ just to get a rise. How mature is that? Eric doesn’t have an issue--it’s the people poking fun at him that have the issue. We all have our differences and uniquenesses. Eric is an artist--you can tell by his creations. He pours his heart and soul into his creations. I’ve always been impressed by them.

However, the ‘peanut gallery’ chimes up every once in a while for the sole intent of ‘getting a rise’ out of them.. That’s pretty chidish. Again, who’s messed up here?

Soren (No, this doesn’t mean I like you, Eric. It also doesn’t mean I’m interested in having a debate about my opinion. And I know very well you can’t afford to sue me. Go build.)

You dont’ have to like Eric. I don’t think anyone here is asking you to like, well, anyone else. The mature thing to do, at least in this ‘open forum’ which caters to many people across all spectrums, is to don’t talk, don’t reply to *anything* that Eric does or says. LUGNET’s big enough for everyone--you can ‘hang out’ here without ‘stalking’ Eric and ‘poking’ at him. This isn’t directed solely at you, Soren. As you alluded--you’re done with it (though the tone of your post kinda disputes that). This is directed at all the ‘immature’ people who think that provoking Eric is a good time.

All this being said, I’m all for ‘fun’ at LUGNET. There are those that have no issues with ‘smack’ talk. Find your own little ‘clique’ of people that enjoy banter. I have :)

Dave K