 Administrative / General / 13830 (-10)
  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) Well, define what's an admin? I have access as well, but I don't consider myself an admin. Admins implies responsibility as well as access - if someone's email is on that list, it means it's ok to contact them if you have any sort of adminish (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) No point now - I was going to put it back anyway, probably later today. I still think it would be good to clarify your position WRT changing content, and add your email to the admin sidebar (and anyone else who has similar access). ROSCO (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) Nope, I was out of the loop on that one, and if I had been in it I probably would've voiced my opinion that it shouldn't happen. I am glad to hear that you talked to Rene about it beforehand, though. (...) I was granted access to change (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) Dave, don't bother. I did it, and I emailed Rene, telling him that I had done it, that it would be changed back in a few days, and to let me know if he had any problem with it. Apparently that email didn't get to you. Have you been given (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) Well, I admit I wasn't aware of Eric's recent stint with copyright notice issues, however, I still think this action was inappropriate. First off, it doesn't protect Lugnet to any large degree because Eric's posts specifically reference the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) Given Eric' recent use of DMCA notices to protect his copyrights I don't think you can neccessarily say that it is not suitable. Such an action protects Lugnet from recieving such notices for breaching his copyright by linking to his images. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) Have you tried contacting the curator of the group? (Assuming you're talking about broken links?) Otherwise, it would appear that the images for Eric Sophie's models (and ONLY Eric Sophie's models) were explicitly set to be a "broken" image: (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Rarest LEGO Parts from the 1950's

(...) Hi Gary, I think this (and all your other recent similar posts) would be excellent additions to your "History of LEGO" page (URL) not sure who maintains that page, but it would be good if it had links to all these posts. It would also be good (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  The new home page

Rene, Thank you for keeping the LUGNET redesign an open process. I really enjoyed seeing each draft get better and better, and I think the "final" look is really nice. My only suggestion at this point is that I'd still like to see the links to the (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Fibblesnork

(...) Once the frontpage of the Guide is revised, the Fibblesnork Guide will have it's adequate presence on LUGNET. Please allow a little bit of time to get things clearer in LUGNET's site structure. Same with other pages like member area, sign-in (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact