 Administrative / General / 1381
1380  |  1382
Subject:
Novice group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:39:03 GMT

There seems to be a lot of discussion about creating new groups lately.
I would like to see a new robotics group.  Don't get me wrong, there's
nothing wrong with lugnet.robotics, but the level of most of the
discussion in there is way over my head.  I would like to see the
creation of a robotics group that was geared toward novices.

I have lots of questions about Mindstorms that I feel hesitent posting
to lugnet.robotics because my question seems "out of place" in such a
tech-saavy group.  Also, the thread that my question generates goes over
my head all too soon :)  I think it would be nice to have a "robotics
junior" group where kids, adults without a lot of tech experience, and
casual Mindstorms/robotics users would feel at home.  It would be great
if the experts from lugnet.robotics could scan the group and offer
simple, direct and to-the-point answers to the questions posed there.
I've found this sort of experience in computer/tech-related chat rooms
on irc and I think it would work well in LUGNET.

What do others think? ...and BTW, why isn't my Acrobot flipping over :)

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu