 Administrative / General / 13730 (-5)
  Re: Why is Lukas in headlines? (was Re: Bulleid Leader)

(...) The problem mostly is that Lugnet was based on an NNTP model, wherein you can't modify the content or group of a post. So, essentially, when a post is made, lots of stuff happens behind the covers. Lots of indexing and things which would need (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Why is Lukas in headlines? (was Re: Bulleid Leader)

(...) Hmm, I see. I wasn't aware that it would involve going into the code. Some of the other forums (CSF, classic-castle) will regularly throw posts into different areas so I assumed the same should be true at Lugnet. I'm not overly (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Why is Lukas in headlines? (was Re: Bulleid Leader)

(...) Er, that should read "aren't able to be manually removed", oops. DaveE (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Why is Lukas in headlines? (was Re: Bulleid Leader)

(...) Yes, that's true. The spotlight list is auto-generated, and posts are able to be manually removed from the list based on any criteria at the moment. It's definitely on the list to allow admins to remove specific posts. Other ideas suggested (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Why is Lukas in headlines? (was Re: Bulleid Leader)

(...) I seem to recall some discussions that the admins don't have this power but I think it's underconsideration. Tim (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact