 Administrative / General / 13471
  Re: lowering noise

(...) You know, I had a big reply I was about to post, but that I thought of what (URL) Suz said:> "Know when to drop it. Some people have a difficult time quitting arguments. Either they're afraid of losing face, they insist on having the last (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) It seemed to me he was trying to show a percieved double standard. While I do disagree with the use of the term "flaming" here in this thread (I consider flaming to be a post in order to denigrate another individual openly and and for no (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

Hi Jeff, --SNIP-- (...) Thanks. You've summed up almost exactly what I meant much better than I did.... with one slight exception: the above statement is not strictly true. While it was a secondary intent it was certainly not my primary intent to (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) Yes I should. I've just woken up (in the morning sense, not the metaphorical sense) enough to realise that my continued posting in this subthread is every bit as bad as your starting of it. Unless I see something I really disagree with I will (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) Thanks Tim, Mark, and Jeff for resolving this. -Suz (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)