 Administrative / General / 1338
    Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup? —Dan Parker
   Great idea, Todd. Helping other groups get off the ground is a core part of PNLTC's Mission Prospectus and it certainly makes sense for any and all groups to coordinate -- ultimately, I foresee this as much more clout in dealing with TLG. Dan/PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

        Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup? —Todd Lehman
   (...) So you would use it then. Would something like this have helped (or could it still help) in a positive way during the initial stages of GMLTC? --Todd (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

        Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup? —John Gerlach
     (...) Ok, I'll jump in here now... ;) The GMLTC is the most un-organized dis-organized informal "club" you'll probably ever find. We don't have any 'charter', or membership oath, or secret handshake, or even an official roster. We don't even have (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

         Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup? —John Neal
     Wow. Big questions that I feel unequipped to answer. I trust Todd's experience and knowledge about this organization hierarchy stuff-- Greek to me:-p I don't think, however, that having a system like this in place would have aided the formation of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

        Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) You'd have to ask a "member" of GMLTC that question, I suspect. Remember, the PNLTC has a policy that you have to actually live in the PNW to be a member. grumble. Dan lives in the NW and therefore is eligible for PNLTC membership by their (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)