 Administrative / General / 13185 (-20)
  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

(...) As someone who had Lugnet as his home page for the last five years, I want to thank you and Todd for all the hard (and excelent) work you've done with Lugnet. Without Lugnet my Internet and Lego experience wouldn't have been nearly as (...) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

(...) Congrats! I look forward to this change. I think you'll do a grand job. ;) Daniel Jackson GeekBrick.com (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

Hello there! Thanky you, Suz, for giving me such a warm welcome! I'm looking forward to accept the challenge to keep existing values of LUGNET alive, to develop it further with the help of all people who are interested and to consolidate LUGNET's (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

I hope he has developed a sense of humor over the last few years. Anyway, thanks to you and Todd for creating Lugnet and all the work you have put in over the years. Bruce Schlickbernd (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

That's good news! So I'd like to say thank you Suzanne, thank you Todd, thank you René. Good luck to all the three of you for all your future plans and projects. (URL) Marco> (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

Thank you Todd, Thank you Suz, Thank you Rene'. Yours, Eric Sophie Member # 1051 Biomechanical Bricks (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

First the Pope, now this... (URL) No really, this is great news! I'd like to wish René lots of time, energy, wisdom and strength! (URL) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation)

(...) Suz- Outstanding! This is really great news - I feel a lot better knowing that LUGNET will continue, and in good hands. Plus, I understand you did pretty well from this deal: (URL) I just hope Rene doesn't find raccoons in the servers! (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

Dear readers, As some of you may have already known, Todd Lehman and I recently decided to limit our involvement in LUGNET to the end of this Fall. We both will always love LUGNET and feel great pride in what its users have grown it into, but we (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!

  Re: The Big LUGNET Announcement

(...) That is excellent news! Thanks so much to Suz, Todd and Rene for finding a solution. Tim (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  The Big LUGNET Announcement

If you aren't at Brickfest, and you haven't listened to the (URL) BimPCast> yet, Suzanne apparently announced Friday that LUGNET will be turned over to (URL) Rene Hoffmeister> of (URL) www.1000steine.de>. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Lost password

(...) Yes, I will have the server send you a new one via e-mail. -Suz (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Lost password

Is there anyway to recover a lost password for a Lugnet member? (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Web posting when not logged in

Hi guys, I just found out that Lugnet now allows me to post when I'm not logged in, I assume it grabs my details from a cookie, and then sends a confirmation email, instead of asking for my details as it used to. Was this change made recently? I'm (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@nbi.dk> wrote in message news:IKILK5.22FD@lugnet.com... (...) Actually, in Outlook Express, you *do* subscribe. It's there in a tab at the top: 'Subscribed' (...) Thank goodness for 'Mark all as read' :-) Tony (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin.dev?

(...) yeah. To be honest, this sort of stuff should be left to think about after the change in ownership. I mean, it's great to think and talk anytime - I just mean that, because there's no urgency, we needen't stress about it right now. -Suz (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin.dev?

(...) I will not claim that what you write is not true (because it probably is), but if we're talking voluntary work, you shouldn't expect coders to code things they can't see the point with. It is fine with somebody trying to give orders, but don't (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNet shut off

(...) Just to remind, this was a blog entry from about a month ago - not an official announcement to the LUGNET community. (...) Boy, that went by fast. But it's August first and I am organized. yea! The "real" announcement is now being written. (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin.dev? [Was: Dear NNTP users]

(...) lol. yeah, well, I -do- miss that job, ya know? I haven't gotten to see any real improvements since years ago. back when LUGNET was fun. Hmm ..trying to remember what the last thing was. I guess it was the adding of the 'active threads in..' (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin.dev? [Was: Dear NNTP users]

(...) Anyone.... Anyone... (else) Bueller??? Bueller??? (smile) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact