 Administrative / General / 13085 (-5)
  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) I've never used NNTP (hate Outlook Express and never bothered to explore other readers (plus its blocked by the firewall at work)). However only this evening on the train home from work I was think I should see what the fuss was, before I read (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) You're forgetting some BIG advantages of NNTP... NNTP doesn't require huge bloated software (be it IE or Firefox or whatever...), since it's text-based there's little overhead (just look at all the HTML code when looking at the source of ANY (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

"Allan Johansen" <f2k@chaotica.dk> wrote in message news:IJxH0E.110r@lugnet.com... (...) die (...) I disagree. I think NNTP is a underappreciated technology by most people. Reading content via a News Reader is as simple as reading e-mail. I really (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) Um, well, since my newsreader is Pine, I suppose I could say that I follow all my e-mail through my newsreader. . .but I don't use NNTP for anything but LUGNET newsgroups (and never really read any non-LUGNET newsgroups but rtl and some (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

It seems that I'm no only one here who doesn't like NNTP. I'll try to explain. NNTP is, to me, an outdated technology that should simply be allowed to die out. It is cumbersome (especially with the extra checks that Lugnet demand before allowing (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact