 Administrative / General / 12870 (-10)
  my “button pushing” opinion! ;)

(...) Larry, No. I'd start to worry when (arguably justified) personal attacks on a LUGNET admin are (URL) spotlighted> on LUGNET's homepage. For that to happen once is very unfortunate. For it to happen repeatedly… I'd be further concerned when (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Not really, no. I agree that's the desired end state but that's not what the server does now, is it? I'm asking about what should be done NOW. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Um, huh? Why in the world would we NEED to do anything in PHP? And even if we did, what's the issue? But aside from that, if the Server Switch is step one, let's take it! (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy

<snip> It just makes me sick that a post such as this is the top highlight. What do you think would run through a visiting 8-yearold's mind when they read this? (URL) -Duane (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) There are more issues that just switching to a new server. For example, Lugnet runs on perl, and many of these automatic-emails would need to be produced by php coding or what have you. Code that needs to be written. Server switch is step one. (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET members association

Could you guys please start a new thread with all this feces? It seems this thread has fallen victim to name-calling and the other normal antics... Back on topic. Evey decently large community has a members' association. I bet a few of you who live (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Why not? Why can't we switch to the new servers? AFAIK the domain issue has been resolved? (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) #1 How would the user know there was a problem? #2 Assuming the user knows there's a problem, how can he possibly fix it if he doesn't control the mail server (or the ISP, or whever the block is occuring)? Asking that HE change his email (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I think this is the biggest issue here. The Admins have been trying to operate on a boat that is either malfunctioning or in the process of being fixed. There is all sorts of "you should do this or that" - they'd love to, but they can't RIGHT (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I agree. I'd give it high priority once coding resumes in a major way, but it's not there yet. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact