 Administrative / General / 12697
  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Indeed. However, you may be missing the point of my request. I'm not saying that lugnet needs to increase its posting numbers, or active posters, I'm questioning the 'growth' which is claimed to require more zealous Administration. Is there (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Just a few references below. Keep in mind that growth doesn't necessarily translate to increased traffic or bandwidth usage. It also means the number of newsgroups required to support the needs and desires of the community. (14 URLs) -Duane (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Yes, new groups. But how has the number of *active* groups changed? (...) Server load issues, technical rather than Administrative I think. (More Administration doesn't solve problem) (...) Telling us about changes. (...) Telling us about (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Define "active". Does activity require a specific number of posts per day for a particular group? A specific number of views per day? A specific number of e-mail subscriptions? Who is to set the baseline for comparison? This growth, or (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) I don't know. But, if things are going to be justified by this 'growth', then I think it'd be a good idea if someone spelt out what that growth was. Presumably those that are claiming this 'growth' requires/justifies for Administraion have (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)