 Administrative / General / 12625 (-5)
  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I don't know about LUGNET's highlighting, but as for Brickshelf - when I hit reload/refresh, the only thing that seems to change is the "ad" that seems to be randomly placed amoung the folder spots. The folders' order of appearance does not (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) The space people (myself included) are in the process of transitioning to the Classic Space forums ((URL)). These forums use a more modern, more standard, web based discussion group engine. This is the same sort of engine that I've seen at (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) As a software developer, I don’t think this would be all *that* bad, at least performance wise. First, you’d calculate a ranking of postings which would be similar to how you create the spotlight list today. Call this new (internal list) the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Actually, the easiest way to make this work for everyone is to have the weighting of the spotlights settable for each person's account. That way if I really care about color postings, I can weight that higher than someone who's sick and tired (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) You'd think people would do this, but they clearly don't. It's "too hard" for people to post their pictures to their Bricklink folders, wait for them to be moderated, then post to Lugnet. It's easier for people to do both at the same time (or (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact