 Administrative / General / 12275 (-20)
  Re: Posting problem

(...) Wow, that is very weird. Can you give a pointer to the message that did post correctly? (...) Hmm, that's disturbing. I wonder if some hidden translation is happening on the From line somehow/somewhere which is confusing the known-name lookup. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.general)

  Posting problem

I just attempted to reply to a FTX message. FTX was selected as the message format. I clicked Preview and then Send, and got the error message about making sure posting setup has been done, I've received the e-mail, etc. I tried to repost, no dice. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (murfl)

(murfl) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd curator

(...) My number is 2487, and I'm alrady a curator for SanDLUG (URL) as well. Thanks, Mathew Clayson (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, FTX)

  Re: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd curator

(...) According to the list of Curators available at the admin.curators sidebar (URL) here>, there is no curator for that group. What's your member ID#? -Lenny (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, FTX)

  lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd curator

Who is the curator for lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, San Diego California? If there is none, I'd like to do so. I'd like to set up some links to local AFOL groups in the area and a LL link in the sidebar. Mathew Clayson (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, FTX)

  Brick Convention requesting LUGNET newsgroup

The organizers for the (URL) Chicago House of Bricks> would like to request the creation of the group: lugnet.events.houseofbricks (URL) Information about the event>. Also, in conjunction, we would request that (URL) Felix Greco> and (URL) Jason (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posting setup (was Re: LDraw.org Contributer Agreement Status

(...) I do to. I wish I had the time and inclination to write an NNTP client that would post via the web (it should be quite feasible). It would of course have to fill in the Lugnet login form for you to get the cookie (or figure out how to "borrow" (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> wrote in message news:IC4IE7.H1E@lugnet.com... (...) I wish it was like that for NNTP... :\ Rob (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Posting setup (was Re: LDraw.org Contributer Agreement Status

(...) Yes, if you are a member and you are signed in, as in that case you can be configured so that you do not get the confirmation email, your posts are accepted as is, with the email as configured the last time you went through posting setup (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Confusion updating email addresses

(...) I think you are right. I get it confused and the only way I keep it straight is that I have put bookmarks in for all the key pages. (...) The current admins (and yes, this ought to be somewhere) are Todd, Frank, Lenny, Larry, Kelly (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Confusion updating email addresses

(...) I'm glad you've found our thread. Hopefully the email thing is a knit and can be easily solved. I'd have for that to get in the way of the license process.. Please consider agreeing with our new license. Thanks, Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Confusion updating email addresses

(...) Larry, as I specified in my email to you, I updated my email address prior to posting. However, I did so via my profile page - it's been literally YEARS since I've had to go through the post setup page. IIRC, the last time I did so, that page (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LDraw.org Contributer Agreement Status

(...) Because you hadn't yet went to the URL I pointed to, and/or no human had yet approved it. Reminder, this is it: (URL) and you should remember, there will be a lag, a human has to look at it and decide if it's valid. (...) Here's a hint back, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LDraw.org Contributer Agreement Status

(...) For example: (URL) (just the one I picked off the top of my head) Those people that are getting mail but ignoring Orion... why? This is important. The impact to the entire community will be somewhat negative, we may have to run with two (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET forum software?

(...) I believe that it's running custom code that Todd wrote on top of a slightly modified OS nntp server. Powered by perl! (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  LUGNET forum software?

I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't find it in the mass of posts. What is the software that LUGNET uses to run the discussion boards? Is it off the shelf, custom, or somewhere in-between? Thanks, James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Any chance someone can reset my password?

(...) Which admins have you sent mail to so far? Thanks! (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Any chance someone can reset my password?

I forgot my password and I can't get up. Member #40 Michael Gasperi (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

Hello! (...) Oh, people (kids, parents, non-AFOLs) are using "legos" all the time around here. It simply is shorter for "LEGO bricks" and everybody still knows exactly what this term ("legos") is referring to. As long as it's not used in official (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact