 Administrative / General / 11710 (-20)
  Re: Apply skip filter settings to searches.

(...) Silly me, I should have checked. Would it be worthwhile to post in admin.suggestions? Apparently this came up 4 years ago and you hinted that it might be an easy fix? (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Apply skip filter settings to searches.

(...) Heh, nope, you always knew :) (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apply skip filter settings to searches.

(...) Nothing has changed here, no. The following are not indexed... Anything in lugnet.off-topic.test and subgroups Any automatic posting by the server in lugnet.admin.statistics Any automatic posting when a new group is created. ...everything else (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Apply skip filter settings to searches.

(...) wow--that is goofy. I just tested this out and Don is right. I got search results from off-topic groups. I always thought off-topic groups did not show up in search results?? Is this broken now?? ____ (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Apply skip filter settings to searches.

Why don't my skip filter settings apply to searches? I did a search for "animals" hoping to find some building hints, but most of the hits came from .debate, and you can guess what *they* were talking about. Now I don't mind seeing the .debate hits (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Unsubscribe from Lugnet-by-email

(...) Thanks for that Todd. Now I can check the groups via NNTP without having my inbox overloaded. Cheers, Daniel Okely (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Unsubscribe from Lugnet-by-email

(...) Daniel, I ran a script on the server which (half-)manually unsubscribed you. --Todd (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Unsubscribe from Lugnet-by-email

(...) I tried again, copying *exactly* from the email and it still didn't work. So ... Todd, if you could sort this out for me I would be most grateful. Cheers, Daniel Okely (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Ministry Of Information Retrieval

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Chris Giddens wrote: (SNIPPED) (...) Let me repeat. off-topic.geek is NOT an appropriate place to have this discussion. What Chris posted really starts to veer into an .admin topic, actually, as it touches on community (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUG

(...) Thank you Lenny, I appreciate the response and the help. (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUG

(...) Understandable but for lay-users it would be nice if the "mighty" admins would simply reply to the request and say "Working on it". :) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Unsubscribe from Lugnet-by-email

(...) What you are doing SOUNDS right. What I know has thrown this off in the past is if there are any differences in the email addresses being used. You may want to check to see if the email address that the subscriptions are being sent to matches (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUG

(...) Brian, no need to bump. Last night the admins had a discussion about how to implement this. It is definately on the to-do list, no worries. -Lenny (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUG

(...) Please don't bump on LUGNET. The admins are aware of your request. Bumping makes some of the admins grumpy. (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUG

(...) Just bumping this up. (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Unsubscribe from Lugnet-by-email

Hi, I'm currently subscribed to receive several lugnet.cad groups by e-mail. Works a treat and I get lots of mail. However, I now want to unsubscribe (and continue reading by NNTP). When I go to (URL) and enter my email and confirmation code the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Link syntax problem in news readers

(...) I whined about this format when the standard first appeared. My concern was that I'd seen lots of emails/postings/etc. that enclosed a URL in angle brackets, and this format doesn't follow that convention. Instead, the presentation software (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Link syntax problem in news readers

(...) I uploaded a screenshot of the message to Brickshelf: (URL) you can see, everything between the < > is being read as the url. The link shows up as "(URL) in my browser. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Link syntax problem in news readers

I have problems everyday with clickable items in my newsreader for NNTP (Outlook Express 6). If the people who post their MOC's link would put a space between the link and the thumbnail, it would solve 1 problem. On a seperate note, Lar, the "raw" (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Link syntax problem in news readers

(...) That one works fine for me in IE6. I don't recall anyone posting screenshots as Todd suggested in the thread you referenced, so perhaps it fell off Todd's radar? The underlying HTML (that I see via View Source from web view) is as follows: (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact