 Administrative / General / 11690
    Link syntax problem in news readers —Thomas Main
   Is the problem of FTX formatted links not working properly in news readers still being worked on? I found this post about it from last year: (URL) am still having to edit urls in my web browser after clicking on them from my news reader and have (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Link syntax problem in news readers —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) That one works fine for me in IE6. I don't recall anyone posting screenshots as Todd suggested in the thread you referenced, so perhaps it fell off Todd's radar? The underlying HTML (that I see via View Source from web view) is as follows: (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Link syntax problem in news readers —Rob Hendrix
     I have problems everyday with clickable items in my newsreader for NNTP (Outlook Express 6). If the people who post their MOC's link would put a space between the link and the thumbnail, it would solve 1 problem. On a seperate note, Lar, the "raw" (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Link syntax problem in news readers —Thomas Main
     (...) I uploaded a screenshot of the message to Brickshelf: (URL) you can see, everything between the < > is being read as the url. The link shows up as "(URL) in my browser. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Link syntax problem in news readers —Chris Gray
   (...) I whined about this format when the standard first appeared. My concern was that I'd seen lots of emails/postings/etc. that enclosed a URL in angle brackets, and this format doesn't follow that convention. Instead, the presentation software (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)