 Administrative / General / 11635 (-20)
  Re: 419 scammer in .robotics

(...) 419 refers to the Nigerian Penal Code section for this kind of crime. The letters/emails are still getting responses decades after the scam was created. The U.S. Secret Service has a special webpage for information: (URL) there is a wider (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: what is going on!?

(...) o-tay, I'm sowweee. e (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

(...) Eric, I do realise that this is a "joke" but I would disagree with your assessment that it's an "old lugnet joke". I've been on lugnet for years and as far as I can see this redirection has been instigated only by you (although there have been (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: what is going on!?

(...) Feel free to email me with links to pictures, and I'll let you know what I think. I'm kicking this post back to admin.general, and I'd like to address posting etiquette. I can't be certain, but from reading your two recent replies in this (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

Its an old Lugnet joke. e (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

(...) I agree with Diedre here. Eric - while the duplo joke is funny to you and your friends, and while it can be used as a cute joke once in a while among the same, please reconsider FUT'ing Duplo and using this joke when expressing sincere (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: 419 scammer in .robotics

(...) What are 419s? "Nigerian Lockbox" is how I've always known that scam and its variants. This is not the first time this has happened. (you need to get out more, I guess...) It's due to the gateway with an external mailing list, which does not (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

Please don't redirect irrelevant threads to .duplo. I don't think this is an appropriate way to handle behaviour that you presumably consider childish. I've cross-posted this to admin.general as this has happened before eg (URL) Would you please (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  419 scammer in .robotics

Todd- Someone's been posting 419s via email in the .robotics newsgroup. I don't know why, or how, except that I know its subscription works differently than the rest of LUGNET. But I thought I'd flag it for you. Anyways, that's a first for me, 419 (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Announcing new Legend!

In lugnet.lego, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote: [Much snippage] (...) Discuss colors, great. It's the force and vitriol with which it's being done, in my view. I keep up with many AFOLs across the whole community on a daily basis, and I think 95% told me (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  lugnet.parts hierarchy (was Re: New Group Suggestions

(...) Posting a FUT to this older suggestion partly because it's still a good idea and partly to see if so doing will get Rob to stop threadjacking every new group suggestion or announcement to point out what a good idea it is... :-) For starters (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Update on the Update?

(...) We might have an update to post later this week -- depends how it goes this week. There may be some upcoming expansion of curator roles, also depending on how things go this week. --Todd (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Update on the Update?

I'd just like to know if there is an update on the re-structuring of Lugnet? And also to give a vow of thanks to Todd and everyone else out there working hard for the betterment of us all. -Lenny (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Membership application apology

Thanks Todd. Better late than never. Arjan. (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Membership application apology

I've been remiss in my duties lately in processing membership applications, and for that I humbly apologize to all who have been stuck waiting, especially those who wrote to complain and received no personal reply. I believe everyone who has paid (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: paid fee 3 months ago, still waiting to become member!!

(...) No account for me either, should either disable applications and refund the money or process the membership applications. I'm not happy about no info on whats going on either. (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Announcing new Legend!

(...) Jake has told me, and I believe he's told the group here on LUGNET, that Consumer Affairs *does* track this information and *does* relay it to the appropriate department. But, I suppose that might not be good enough for people who "can never (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: paid fee 3 months ago, still waiting to become member!!

Me too.. but not an explanation or apology for the long wait. I dont care about the lousy 10 dollars, this is just no way to treat people. I dont understand why becoming a member has to take this long. If Todd or whoever deals with these things is (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: paid fee 3 months ago, still waiting to become member!!

(...) I just have received my confirmation # THANKS !!! (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: paid fee 3 months ago, still waiting to become member!!

(...) Same problem ! Sent my payment middle of march ... I'm thinking to ask a refund request a Paypal ! (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact