 Administrative / General / 11627
  419 scammer in .robotics

Todd- Someone's been posting 419s via email in the .robotics newsgroup. I don't know why, or how, except that I know its subscription works differently than the rest of LUGNET. But I thought I'd flag it for you. Anyways, that's a first for me, 419 (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 419 scammer in .robotics

(...) What are 419s? "Nigerian Lockbox" is how I've always known that scam and its variants. This is not the first time this has happened. (you need to get out more, I guess...) It's due to the gateway with an external mailing list, which does not (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 419 scammer in .robotics

(...) 419 refers to the Nigerian Penal Code section for this kind of crime. The letters/emails are still getting responses decades after the scam was created. The U.S. Secret Service has a special webpage for information: (URL) there is a wider (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 419 scammer in .robotics

(...) It does.. Thanks Clark! (your fount of amazingly obscure facts never ceases to amaze...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 419 scammer in .robotics

(...) OK once I get hold of something, sometimes I worry it to pieces. While reading about a Mecha based combat game (1) (a link found from an orkut profile) I ran across another entry in this fellows blog pointing to a 419 story that's "out of this (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.build.mecha)