 Administrative / General / 11440 (-20)
  Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics

(...) heh :) Though, I believe since around the time that LDraw.org moved to be hosted on Peeron's server, we stopped using partref's pictures, and started using LDraws - any referrer's from us to LUGNET after, say, April 2003 or so are either (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Taking LUGNET to the next level

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman wrote: much great stuff snipped Todd- I think this is fantastic! It's great to see your enthusiasm and the great new ideas! Please let us know where, how and if we can be of any help. We'd love to work closely with (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, FTX) !

  Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics

(...) All very interesting statistics! Thanks for crunching the data. I have always thought that Lugnet should allow Google (and perhaps other search engines) to crawl the posts on Lugnet. Even though the data would perhaps be a few weeks old, I (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  fun with LUGNET web site statistics

Today, I got the 2GB of compressed log files representing Lugnet traffic over the past approximately-a-year. After crunching for a while, realizing that I needed to move everything to a faster server, and restarting there, I discovered that what I (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Taking LUGNET to the next level

(...) Although, see the post I'm just about to make. (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org)

  Re: Taking LUGNET to the next level

(...) Thank you for your constructive criticism last week, Troy. It made a difference. --Todd (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org)

  Re: Taking LUGNET to the next level

(...) Well, from my point of view, it is broke... But it's very fixable. (...) I feel that way as well. (...) Thanks...although I certainly can't claim sole credit for that. (...) I'm not super-familiar with the LDraw.org system lately, but maybe (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Taking LUGNET to the next level

(...) Great news all-around Todd! I am glad to be wrong about change not coming to Lugnet! I look forward to seeing what you and your advisory Committee come up with. If we at Classic-Castle.com can help in any way, do not hesitate to ask. Troy (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org)

  Re: Landspeeder Difference

(...) Same thing goes for the new x-wing, the new Millenium Falcon, the new speeder bikes, the new snowspeeder, etc. I think the builders at LEGO thought they could do better than the first versions they made a couple of years back. In my opinion, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

How about a page that we create ourselves out of options that are kept ion a cookie? Let me explain. The first time you come to Lugnet, you get a general page welcoming you and with a clear menu to personnalize the front page. When you go to the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

Hi, Some clarifications below... --Todd (...) This could also be on a "tab" or something someone selects on the homepage, rather than the very first things someone sees. (...) To clarify this, I meant for there to be submissions and proposals, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Jeff, While this latest version is indeed simpler, it still has one thing to it: it's image-heavy. People on dialup on a slow day are going to get frustrated while they sit there waiting for a bunch of big graphics to load. In my mind, it (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I just picked Hebrew as an example. :) While I agree that we should be aiming for international compliance, I think there's only so far that we can go. It would not be a good thing to just align everything down the centre of the page to make (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Heres my Idea! I know it doesnt look much different -- Jeff The small “MY LUGNET” lego smiley referrs to this post (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Only Hebrew reads right-to-left? Huh! Last time I checked, Arabic (which is somewhat common in the world?), is also written right-to-left. And if Lugnet wants to be international, it should take that into consideration along with other (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Szklennik wrote: Try # 4 even simpler (URL) enjoy!, comments encouraged Jeff (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) By itself, having a random piece is slightly interesting. But a specifically-picked "Cool Brick of the Week" could be a lot more -- history of that part, some suggestions of non-obvious building techniques, examples of (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) posting a .dat file at: (URL) server automatically generates an image (see thumbnails at ldraw.org). thx, w. (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) SNIP (...) Peeron.com has a random piece of the day feature Jeff (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

Try # 3 thanks for all the imput. I tried to make it less busy, & identify the major groups of stuff for newbies. the left, top, and right 'bars' are the same, as i think they work well on the current site, i just spruced em up a bit (URL) enjoy!, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact