 Administrative / General / 11300 (-20)
  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Dan will start throwing heavy stuff across the Atlantic, if I claim it is vapor-ware at the moment, but it is at least not in a usable state yet. Basically (and possibly not quite correctly) it is a content management system with access (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

[ adding .general, .admin.general, follow-up to .admin.general ] (...) Actually: I've been worried about this for a very long time, ever since back when I was worried that this fancy new Lugnet thing would kill RTL. [*] So, I've asked Todd for (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) [Okay, but leaving .general and putting in .admin.general] (...) Which I'm a big fan of. What software, and how far along is it? (...) Also good! [snip] (...) So, sounds like you intend to duplicate a lot of the functionality of Lugnet. Have (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Have you considered switching to something like kagi.com? I haven't used them as a supplier, but I have as a customer, and I've gotten automated stuff from there before. And they seem to suck less than Paypal. (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Zing! "Well played" as Sandlin would say. (...) D'Oh! Tom, are you still left hanging? As far as I'm aware, all the pending applications are processed up through I think Tuesday (two days ago). Of course, I may be unaware (ignorant!) of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) In what ways do we not have that forum with Lugnet? Although I use the NNTP interface, I find the web interface to be one of the best of any www-discussion forum out there. *Especially* when it comes to threads. [followup-to .general and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Attachments?

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> wrote in message news:m3r7x26052.fsf@...ydomain... (...) In Outlook it looks like an attachment, and it shows it in the end of the message as a little smiley picture. (esmile.gif) /Joakim (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Attachments?

As far as I can see, the article you're refering do does not have an attachement in the MIME sense of the word. Rather, it just has some binary uuencoded "garbage" added to the end of the message. Your client may be trying to help you by (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Attachments?

"Jocke" <terje029SPAMBLOCK@xpress.se> wrote in message news:HspKnI.1xqv@lugnet.com... (...) Is this group dead? =) /J (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Quatro newsgroup, but no Racers newsgroup?

I don't think racers really belong in Duplo ;) seriously tho (and don't quote me here) but the policy tends to be product lines get a discussion group as a matter of course Quatro isn't Duplo, it isn't Primo it is an entirely new system. The policy (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Quatro newsgroup, but no Racers newsgroup?

(...) I think you're using the words "ridiculous" and "seriously wrong" a little lightly.... (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Quatro newsgroup, but no Racers newsgroup?

So Quatro got its newsgroup, but RACERS still doesn't? This is ridiculous. Why not put it under Duplo? Something is seriously wrong here. When I asked for a Racers newsgroup, many people agreed. Racers is a much more popular theme among adults than (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Attachments?

Odd.. I have never seen attachments in messages before? (URL) use Outlook to read Lugnet) Is something broken on the server or is it possible to post attachments nowadays? /Joakim (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  PASSWORD RESET x2

Sorry to have to ask, but I lost all my cookies - can I have a new passowrd e-mailed to me please. I need to update my set lists as people want to buy things that I don't have for sale anymore! (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: DNS outage, service restored

(...) Hey, this same thing just happened to the Washington Post, so I guess Todd's in good company here. See (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: DNS outage, service restored

(...) Well, I do not say this much, but thank you for the heads-up, though I suspected that something was indeed wrong in here. I am glad that it was not me being stopped, though. I have never said anything wrong in here...at least, when I was (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Signing off...till March

(...) Just to clerify a few things. I posted the answer quite late (some days later), I recall thinking, that it was too late for this thread, but what... I have sometimes seen, that the confirmation mail cames app 24 hours later, so I did not think (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Signing off...till March

(...) I'm slightly an expert, and generally, things like this don't go off right on their expiration date -- it's to the registrar's benefit to hold on to it a little while because it's better for you to renew with them than for the domain to go (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Signing off...till March

(...) Never said it was outside the realm of possibility. But the nameserver caches were all working fine, till yesterday, that's how things work, the flush order doesn't go out till a week after the expiry. Also, there are a lot of people that use (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Signing off...till March

(...) Yes. I also happen to remember that Todd reported the DNS registry as expiring on the 18th. _One_day_ before the original post in this thread. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility that the DNS registration (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact