 Administrative / General / 11205 (-10)
  Search by Date

Is there a way to search for posts based on the date posted? For example, if I wanted to search for posts around May 6th, 2002, could I? ~Kevin Blocksidge (21 years ago, 25-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: annoyingly repetitive test of whether posting works

(...) I'm really sorry about that. I've got a script that runs once a minute and checks whether xinetd is running, and if it finds that it isn't, it restarts it. I installed this a couple months ago when we had the massive NNTP traffic -- it was (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: annoyingly repetitive test of whether posting works

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) Very good sir Ed--I mean, Dave K (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: annoyingly repetitive test of whether posting works

(...) These postings ARE repetitive, because I find myself posting here "to see if LUGNET is accepting posts" rather more frequently than I'd rather, because LUGNET is exhibiting "your post was not accepted, return code 0" behaviour rather more (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.admin.general)

  Incorrect text on "Who owns this set" screen

When I view the list of who owns a set, the following text is above the list: "The above list is informational only. Do not contact people ..." Shouldn't this read "The list below is informational only. Do not contact people ..."? Regards ROSCO (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  remove

Please remove this message: (URL) A (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Geneva Convention

(...) I don't believe it belongs in .general either. I imagine it was an honest mistake, not a deliberate attempt to stir up controversy or circumvent the topic guidelines, although I could be wrong. LUGNET doesn't enable you to just pick up a post (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Password reset request

In the absence of a web-based passwrod reminder/reset function, can I request that my password be reset and mailed to my registered email address. Angus Looney Number #: 1661 (21 years ago, 14-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: password reset please

(...) Wondering if/when this will happen? Mike (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Outlook Express problem

Hi all, Not sure this is the right newsgroup but I hope someone can help me with this. I'm just after installing WinXP Pro after using 98SE for some time. Outlook Express somehow doesn't like my subscription to lugnet. Every day all groups are gone (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact